|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
The Furby was re-introduced in 2005 with a brand new design. It was first released with 4 different colour combinations, later expanding to a total of 16. Sales were poor, due to the limited voice recognition and the popularity of the Furreal Friends line of interactive plush at the time.
2005 saw the reintroduction of Furby with the release of the new Emoto-Tronic Furby. The increasing emotional realism of the Emoto-Tronic Furby has given birth to a number of Furby-oriented special interest groups. These communities seek to integrate aspects of the Furby experience into human society. The most visible of these groups include Furbish-to-English translators and Furby adoption agencies. In addition, there is a flourishing subculture of Furby Furries (see furry fandom).
Difference in designEditThe new furby design was almost double the size of the original and featured a rubber beak, proper plastic feet (opposed to material ones), bigger ears, eyes with more detail, no tail (Except for Funky Furbys) and a different shape. It also has an on/off/demo switch (Funky Furby just has a on/off switch).
Functions and abilitiesEdit
2005 furby has a tummy sensor and a back sensor, much like 1998 furby. Without the sensor between its eyes it can not sense changes in light nor can it communicate with other furbys. It can also eat when its mouth sensor is pushed.
This series of furby focused on being able to understand speech and respond accordingly, rather than just recognising loud sounds. To get it's attention, You must say 'Hey Furby!' Once furby Makes a sound, you can give him a command.
- 'Sing me a song' will make it sing 'twinkle twinkle', in furbish or english depending on how long it has been played with.
- 'Tell me a joke' Will tell one of 7 knock-knock jokes.
- 'Show me a dance' will make it sing and dance. (Funky Furby will not dance unless music is played.)
- 'Tell me a story' and it will tell you about its life story as a furby on furby island.
- 'Do you want to play?' will make it play a game of 'red light, green light'.
- 'Go to sleep' Furby enters sleep mode and will wake up when you whistle or press his belly.
- "I Love You" Will make furby happy. It will also make it more likely to carry out commands and learn Furbish faster.
- 'I speak Furbish' you can speak any of the above commands in furbish.